Thursday, December 29, 2005

yellow or clear?

as in, what should the color of urine be? for as long as i remember, my pee has always been yellow. except when i have a lot of beer, then its more towards the clear side. my wife says its because i don't take in enough fluids during the day and that pee is supposed to be clear. that weirds me out.

so much so that today as i'm taking a piss, i'm really taken aback that my trusty ole' yellow is staring back at me. granted, i've been drinking a lot of water today as i'm trying to flush away a head cold.

but dammit if i'm not stunned anyway.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger Eric Z said...

I heard that urine should be a very pale yellow. If it is a solid yellow, that means you aren't getting enough water - I know, I know, just like your wife said.

Just notice your piss color next time you are drunk - that's what it should be like day in and day out.

(well, if you are drinking Iron City now, your urine will be rust colored....I don't think that's recommended.)

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

eat some asparagus and then come back and talk to me. That puts the clear vs. yellow talk to shame.

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger James-H said...

yellow is okay. Cloudy yellow is indicative of dehydration. It gets worse - if you really get dehydrated, you start to pass chunks of "sediment", which are not quite as big as kidney stones, but defintely disturbing. The voice of experience. Hope that scares you into drinking alot. Works for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home