Monday, January 09, 2006

socially acceptable?

is it considered inappropriate to make a call to someone while you're sitting on the john?

are there limitations to that? say...is it okay to call your wife or a really good friend. but you shouldn't call your client, a repairman or other such business-type call?

and, lets say its okay to call. should one wait until after the first barrage or is it okay to start making the call as soon as you sit down? the way i see it, if you're talking on the crapper, then its no holds barred. if grandma hears a big "plop" in the background, then so be it. which begs the question...if placing the call with your ass on the seat, do you need to announce you're current status? other times you do...

"i'm calling from my car, so it may lose you."
"hey mom...guess where i'm calling from? the airplane!!!"
"if you hear any flatulance, no big deal. i'm just on the shitter."

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Blogger Other Brad said...

I like this question?

I gonna add my personal preference twist...

If I am in the privacy of my home bathroom, I have no problem making or taking calls from the porcelian throne. I am actually typing this comment from it right now.

I have not done that in a public restroom or at work, but if I had my own private toilet at work, I know I would be taking calls and maybe even putting it on speaker.

Yeah, I said it..."speaker"

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

I second the Gooch. In the privacy of your own home, you are able to do anything you want. Especially talk on the phone while dropping the deuce. As for public speaking...NO.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home