Friday, September 23, 2005

goddamn i'm tired

of shaving, that is. there once was a time when i was completely into the next wave of razors; anticipating the day when the battle for more blades between gilette and schick got so absurd that one or the other would eventually take the innovative step of introducing a razor with only one blade.

but realistically, that was several years ago when i was not in need of a daily shave. i truly do need it now. but part of me is still resisting...only chopping away at the facial hair every monday, wednesday and friday. and that's only because of work. shit, my boss recently told me for the third time that i don't dress for my position. i ignored the first two times (probably not a wise move) simply because i wanted to keep as close to the creative side of the agency as i could. but after this last time, i'm seeing that the day or two growth really doesn't go well with the biz casual look. shit, i hate growing up. but i'm angling for more cash, so i gotta do what i gotta do.

i think what i need is a good electric razor. can anyone recommend a good one?

6 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

Agree with Trevor. I spent $150 on the electric razor that spit out some lotion and you could use it in the shower. My showers were Kramersque and I stopped using it.

And I too have to shave everyday now, and when I adopt the Monday, Wednesday, Friday attack, I always get comments. Always.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Other Brad said...

As a baby faced blonde, it just really hit me that I needed to shave at least every other day.

Stick with the Mach 3 from Gillette.

I have bought 2 electric shavers in my lifetime, from Walmart or Target or whereever, and the blades for the good ones are almost impossible to find to replace.

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Keith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Buck Super Stereo said...

wow. thought for sure there'd be some electric love out there.

and fuck those spammers. i'm turning on that hokey password thing. damn advertisers invading everything.

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger Eric Z said...

Let me add another vote for the razor. There is no comparison. My electric shaver spends most of the time in the car - for the days I'm running too late to lather up.

Someone asked me "well, when you shave in the car, where do all teh whiskers go?" Hell if I know. Doesn't it all go in the shaver?

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger James-H said...

I can't believe you give me shit about being creative and you devote an entire post to razors. I switched BACK to disposables (target, 1.99 for 12 or some such ridiculousness) after years with the Gillette Excel (target, 10.99 for five - plus one free!) I am a huge fan of the stubble for six days, shave-on-day-seven methodology (everyone at church thinks I'm a clean shaven angel - the rest of the world knows me as a shaggy, drunk, f-word-slinging neanderthal. For some USEFUL information on Volvos, check out my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home