Saturday, October 22, 2005

production junction, what's your function

wow, what a fucking surprise.

leading up to the decision to leave this area, one of the bad things about leaving my job at this time was the fact that two of my clients are about to produce new tv commercials. we're set to got to la the second week of november. in the two years i've been here, i've never been on production. i've had two clients produce new tv spots in my tenure, but there was always some strange circumstance why i couldn't go.

so, all summer long, there's been this slow build to two of my clients getting ready to do some new tv. it was a no brainer that i was to go to 1) see how neiman does production and 2) be the voice of the client since neither of them are traveling to the shoot.

okay, so that's a real mindfuck there. i can't for the life of me figure out why neiman clients rarely, if ever, go on production. ITS THEIR FUCKING MONEY - most of the time to the tune of $225k or better - yet they don't see the need to be a part of the shoot to protect their interests. its either a titantic show of trust or just another example of how the typical central-pa marketer lacks a certain level of savviness.

i thought for certain that they wouldn't let me go on the shoot now that i'm leaving. but fuckanA, i found out yesterday that my boss still wants me to go!

this just goes to show how fucking cool they're being in regards to my situation. when i told my boss that i was leaving, he was very shocked. it was the response that everyone dreams of when they're playing out the resignation scene in their heads. i swear it. my boss is allowing me to take off as much as i need to travel to pburgh to interview. he's asking for as much time, which i've given him until 12/2 since i don't have anything lined up just yet. and get this, as that date approaches, he'll let me stay for longer if i still don't have a job up there. so fucking cool. and honored that they value me enough to do this.

i'm counting me lucky charms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home