Friday, October 07, 2005

what a crazy ass couple o' weeks

busy, busy, busy. let's see what's what in my world and obviously in no particular order.

1) pending move. the wife is on the verge of accepting a job in pittsburgh. i thought she had made up her mind, but she's having crazy second thoughts. which all depend upon my finding a job that pays well and has good health insurance. tough spot, because....

2) i finally got the promotion and raise i deserved. i'm still underpaid and still out AE-ing my counterparts (whatever the f that means), but at least now i rank with them in title. i can only hope they pay me more than them.

3) baseball playoffs. i'm just not feeling it this year. maybe its because i'm tired of watching the crapass royals and would rather concentrate my sports energy on the packers. wait a minute.

4) my fucking grass is as green as its ever been. you gotta love fertilizer. i'm really getting into this shit. but i'm sure i'll get all pissed off when the coverage continues to suck after all the seed i planted doesn't take root. and now that it's finally raining, i think my water bill will only be 200 bucks this week.

5) holy shit i've been married 3 years. seems just like yesterday we were drunk dancing to the last song of our wedding reception...."bye bye miss american pie." what? shit that dj didn't deserve to get paid. but oh well...plenty of tonic in my belly helped my way to getting my groove on.

6) on that note, lets look back on the past 3 years.

year 1. wife gets fired from eisner and after each of us having 3 jobs, we land in central pa.

year 2. i get diagnosed with MS in early stages of the year and the wife rounds off the year by getting diagnosed with baby-in-the-belly syndrome.

year 3. the baby kicks the shit out of our hearts. she is so awesome and perfect, its kind of scary. i'm afraid that i'll screw something up and one day she won't be able to look at me the way she does now.

year 4. another move? we'll see.

7) late night with u2. damn that was good. i guess i have yet another month to break out some albums i've heard tons of times already.

8) i've been catching season 1 of the shield and wow that's fucked my brain. i didn't get into it until season 2 and the very first episode completely changed my opinion of who michael tic-tacs' character is. holy fuck. you gotta get into this show.

that's it for now. i can't believe how much easier this thing is if i stay on top of it. i could go on and on, but why bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home