Saturday, June 30, 2007

oh joyous day

after 5+ years of using an old hand-me-down piece of shit that my dad gave me when i moved to harrisburg, i am spending my hard yet well-earned casheesh on a new trimmer.

okay, so it's not really my own money. i cashed in some reward points to get sears gift cards. and although i do occasionally use my AMEX for things like comics, starbucks and the like to keep the woman off my back, the resounding bulk of the items used to wrack up points are my travel expenses. at the shitty rate of dollars-to-points, i figure that this just about equals a shoot in LA (quick trip so no crazy dinners in malibu, but at least a nice one in santa monica), several trips to sandusky, ohio which means we're eating at the bay harbor for about 750 a pop....

sorry for the interruption, but i've been in the bay harbor probably about 25 times over the past 2 seasons and that is the first time i have ever seen an african american couple there. i don't know if this is either 1) an attempt to say they're culture friendly for a restaurant that is nestled snuggly near a marina that houses massive power and sailing boats on lake erie, or 2) a picture taken in a holy shit moment as evidence that other races do, in fact, exist.

back to the laundry list of travel expenses. or not. after my sidebar, it's better to just stop. i think i'm indicting my clients.

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

You should of used your points for a plane ticket to vegas instead of some stupid weed eater.

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Buck Super Stereo said...

if only i could. i checked on plane tickets on this program....30 some odd thousand points for a roundtrip ticket. which equates to about 50grand of spending. total bullshit.

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

My old boss used to pay for everything on her AE card. Mortgage, insurance, car payment, etc. Whenever she took a vacation, everything was on AE. Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home