Thursday, July 26, 2007

worst. night. ever.

i made a silly decision today. one of the benefits of being a regular at my local comic book shop is that the owner frequently offers me passes for two free tickets to various movies. most of the time, they're for 1) movies i'm not really dying to see, 2) at a location around town that's not that convenient or 3) offered for a day when i'm expecting to travel.
so last week when he offered up his last pass to pittsburgh's premiere of the simpsons movie tonight, i was very elated. sold. done. i'm going. right?

no.

even as last as 5pm tonight i was going. it was a 7:30 show at the theater i always frequent (if the only theater i've gone to for the past 3 movies i've seen equates to "frequent") and i knew for a fact that i'd be in town.

we didn't get a sitter. suze never really committed because her sister is in town from rochester, ny. and as i've alluded to before, i don't really have any friends here in the steel city.

damn. it's 9:30. i'd be on my home now thinking how great a time i had. even if it was by myself.

doh!

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

pay some young chick to watch the kid. Come on. And the movie rocks!!!!! Went to Comic con yesterday and got a copy of it. I was going to call you to rub it in, but thought it would be too much for you.

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Buck Super Stereo said...

you went to comic con? the geek in me has been checking my fave sites for updates all weekend. pretty sad, actually.

but now that you've gone, i just made a pact with myself that i'm going to go either next year or the year after.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger dzahn07 said...

HA!!! That was a loser test and you failed. You think I would actually go to that thing???? NERD!

Actually, Ben and I really wanted to go but I got sick and he got called into work. I'm going next year though so if you head out we can all head down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home